Thursday, April 30, 2009

Update on Lisa Warren's Dad

Good morning prayer warriors,
I would like to thank each of you for continuing to lift up my family and especially my Dad during his surgery yesterday. I did hear from my Aunt yesterday, she emailed to let me know the surgery was done, and that there were some complications. Mom just called this morning and she was able to share more about how Dad was doing, and also that she was on her way back to the hospital this morning. He did undergo surgery for the carotid artery, and then had to be taken back into a 2nd surgery due to not responding well after the first one. They took him back in to make sure there were no blood clots causing this response. Another two hours later, they came back and said that there were NO blood clots, and that they believe he may have had a slight stroke. After talking with Mom, I decided to contact Rex Hospital this morning through SKYPE, and was able to talk with the nurse to get some more clarity on how things went yesterday. The nurse told me that he is still very weak on his left side, both arm and leg. He does have sensation in them, and can squeeze with his hand, which is a good sign. She said that he was awake but groggy this morning. They say his symptoms suggest a stroke, and that he will be staying for at least another couple of days to see how much of this resolves, and that they expect he will need physical therapy. I was not able to talk with Dad himself but was able to talk through the nurse before losing my SKYPE connection. I tried back later, but was not able to reach anyone.

I am asking that you continue to pray for my Dad, and Mom too, and for guidance and direction for the physicians.
Please know how deeply I appreciate all of your prayers today, and every day!

Love,
lisa ;)


Thank you for all your love, support and prayers!


Serving Him together,

~ The Warren Family

~bert, lisa, jessie, matthew & sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment