Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Volunteer Reflections

My vocabulary doesn't contain the words to express what the week meant to me - in fact the dictionary doesn't even have words to convey to anyone the sentiments I feel. It's just something one has to experience for himself - that can't be put into words. I have never felt God's presence more real than I did then. Surely He was there and working in the hearts and souls of the people. It was so wonderful to see the response, the enthusiasm, the excitement of so many people- so hungry for the Word of God. My prayer from the time I knew I was going was that God would prepare the hearts of the people to receive His Son, and certainly He honored those prayers. It was one of the most amazing (as I said then, phenomenal ) experiences of my life. My prayer is that a church will soon be in the area so that the Spirit the people have now will not decrease before one is available for them. I feel that this is important, to keep that enthusiasm, and I KNOW the people want that. I appreciate and share Pastor Sigwane's concern for the people and will keep them in my prayers. I love every one of them and feel a special connection with them. Please share my love and best wishes with them. I wish I could express just what the experience meant to me, but sadly, there's no way.

In thinking back, I have so many special memories of those few days with our friends there. Special to me was the precious wall mat that Mrs. Magongo made and gave to me the last night we were there. Just to think that she cared for me so much is extra special. She is such a dear lady and I'll always remember her warm hugs. I also am touched by the couple and the two young children whom we visited with at their home and how receptive they were to the message of Jesus Christ, both of them asking Him to be their Lord and Savior. What a joy, knowing that if I never get back to Swaziland, I'll see them one day in Heaven!!!!! I also remember some we visited that did not accept Him. One said he would think about it and we're praying that he will make that decision. What a privilege it was to be able to go into the home of the family who had lost a loved one, and to offer words of comfort to them, to tell them that Jesus died for all of us and how they can know Him. Because I had lost my husband, mother, father and brother, I could sympathize with them, and they were so appreciative.


Having the opportunity to spend time with the young children was special. They are our world of tomorrow and being able to impress upon them that Jesus loves them was special. Hopefully some seeds were planted that will grow, that they will remember the things we told them about our Lord and Savior and that one day He will be as real to them as He is to me, thereby making their world a better place. The entire week was special and it's hard to choose the most impressive things. It was one of the most memorable weeks of my life - one that I truly thank God for allowing me to experience. God is so good!!! I promised the people that my prayers would be with them, and I intend to keep that promise every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment